The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2004 JP Brun l'Ancien VV Terres Dorres(Bojo)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

WTN: 2004 JP Brun l'Ancien VV Terres Dorres(Bojo)

by Redwinger » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:21 am

2004 JP Brun l'Ancien VV Terres Dorres(Bojo)
Decanted for an hour and served at around 60 degrees or so to accompany a grilled salmon marinated with soy. Dijon, rice vinegar. etc.
Almost transparent light garnet color. Plenty of earthy aromas rise from the glass which means I'm likely to enjoy the wine. Fresh strawberry and cherry greets the palate along with some minerality. Enough acidity to be refreshing. The tannins were surprisingly integrated, but since this is my first bottle of this wine I have no point of comparison. Finishes short.
Nice enough wine, but it seems to lack enough structure for me to rave about it. Came across a bit more "nouveauish" than I would like.
BP
Smile, it gives your face something to do!
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

Re: WTN: 2004 JP Brun l'Ancien VV Terres Dorres(Bojo)

by Rahsaan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:06 am

Redwinger wrote: Nice enough wine, but it seems to lack enough structure for me to rave about it. Came across a bit more "nouveauish" than I would like.
BP

I'm not sure what you mean by Nouveauish. If that means soft it never seemed that way to me. Although I haven't had it in a while.

Perhaps not the most complex year, but I still found it very brisk and appealing.
no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

by Redwinger » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:12 am

Rashaan,
Soft would be an apt descriptor. Really no tannins to speak of and it came across as a bit on the simple side. Not a terrible wine by any stretch, but I guess I was expecting more. Upon reflection, and in fairness, the marinate on the salmon may have overpowered the wine just a tad.
Bill
Smile, it gives your face something to do!
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

by Rahsaan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:22 am

Redwinger wrote:Rashaan,
Soft would be an apt descriptor. Really no tannins to speak of and it came across as a bit on the simple side.

I haven't had it in many months, so.. Perhaps it has gone soft.

People seem to love the 05 however.
no avatar
User

Mark Lipton

Rank

Oenochemist

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Indiana

by Mark Lipton » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:30 pm

Rahsaan wrote:
Redwinger wrote:Rashaan,
Soft would be an apt descriptor. Really no tannins to speak of and it came across as a bit on the simple side.

I haven't had it in many months, so.. Perhaps it has gone soft.

People seem to love the 05 however.

I just had a bottle of the '05 tonight, matter of fact. And, yes, we did have some lightly smoked Copper River salmon at dinner, too, though I actually drank the '05 Cuvée Eden with it: you were right about its forward character, Rahsaan. The '05 Brun VV was just as I've described it before: juicy, fruity, crisp, light and altogether pleasurable, though the Vissoux VV gets a slight nod from me in the near-term appeal dept.

Mark Lipton