The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Open Mike: Spanish Rosado.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Open Mike: Spanish Rosado.

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:19 am

Must be warm enough in quite a few areas to think of opening a Rose Rosado so why not go ahead. If your pink is not from Spain, thats OK. Lets think pink...I have the new vintage from Artazuri ready-to-go but look out for Torres, Chivite or even Muga.
no avatar
User

Lee Short

Rank

Ultra geek

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:08 pm

WA USA

Re: Open Mike: Spanish Rosado.

by Lee Short » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:38 am

The 2006 Vina Sanzo Rueda Rose is decent, but not the no-brainer that the 2005 was. Just doesn't have the same core of sappy berry fruit.
no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

by Saina » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:00 pm

Rainy weather here, but I still like a good rosé. I'll buy the new vintage of Azul y Garanza next time I go to Alko - their's has every year been one of the most satisfying rosés available here.
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:36 pm

Otto Nieminen wrote:Rainy weather here, but I still like a good rosé. I'll buy the new vintage of Azul y Garanza next time I go to Alko - their's has every year been one of the most satisfying rosés available here.

Look forward to your notes Otto. I am always looking forward to the new vintage of Artazuri and I will be interested to see how your tasting notes compare to mine.
Not sure how many other roses I can handle though. Quite a choice here!!
Otto, do you have any sparkling roses handy??
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:21 am

WTN: `06 Artazuri Garnacha-Navarra.

Always highly regarded in this part of the vinious world, a very good producer. 13% alc, $16 Cdn, just released.

The colour was quite deep and hard to describe, say strawberry with reddish tones? Where is my colour chart!!. On the nose, red bery fruits, esp. strawberry. No cola juice with this one, good fruit density, lengthy minerally finish. Raspberry and strawberry round out the palate, medium acidity. No bitterness apparent, has good focus. I really believe in these rosados, not too sweet in my mind.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:55 pm

Whilst here talking about Rose wines, thought I would mention a nice one I tasted last week from Hendry, the owner was in town. Situated in the south-west corner of the Napa Valley, 117 acres and established in /39.

The 2006 Rose is a result of a blend of cab sauv and primitivo, fermented dry with peach and nectarine aromas. Very refreshing on the palate and well liked by many taking part in the presentation.
There was a very good zin as well as a nice Bordeaux type blend.
no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

by Saina » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:09 pm

WTN: Rosa de Azul y Garanza 2006 Navarra 13,5% 12,65€

A rather dark colour for rosé. It smells like fresh strawberries: sweet and summery with a faint savouryness to it. It smells rather like a good Beaujolais in fact except without the earthy nuances. The palate isn't as light, fresh nor as acidic as I remember previous vintages to be, but it is still refreshing enough and a great deal of fun to drink.

The rate at which it disappears into me: alarming. ;)

-O-
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:36 pm

Good note Otto. Thanks for supporting this Open Mike!!! Maybe we are not finished yet, c`mon forumites.