The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Dining options in Alto Adige-Trentino?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Keith M

Rank

Beer Explorer

Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:25 am

Finger Lakes, New York

Dining options in Alto Adige-Trentino?

by Keith M » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:24 am

It looks like I might be heading down to the Alto Adige for a short trip in the near future. Can anyone recommend dining options for lunch or dinner in the Bolzano-Trento-Roverto corridor? I will probably visit Casa del Vino della Vallagarina in Isera, which I adored when I last visited and the restaurant at my Hotel in Arco, but am otherwise open to ideas. Good experiences, anyone?

Oh, and I've never sampled sparkling wines from the region, so if anyone could recommend a sparkling wine producer worth a visit, I'd be interested in that too. Thanks!
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

Re: Dining options in Alto Adige-Trentino?

by Rahsaan » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:27 pm

Sounds like you have lots of fun stuff coming up. Enjoy..

I've been to Trento twice and never found anything very exciting to eat, but perhaps you'll do better than me. Hopefully in part aided by people on this board..

I did however find an excellent wine shop in Trento, filled with all the great Trentino bottles at reasonable prices. Of course I forget the name and the address, but it was in the center and it's a small town :lol:
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

Re: Dining options in Alto Adige-Trentino?

by Rahsaan » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:35 pm

Also, perhaps you are already aware, but I thought the refugio genre of restaurants was worth pursuing. Small restaurants where most things are produced on-site in some sort of local farm production, and often up in the Alps/Dolomites which makes for great views. The one we went to was nothing special taste-wise, but it was fun and I am sure there are better ones.

But perhaps you're already aware..