The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: NV François Pinon Vouvray Brut France.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

WTN: NV François Pinon Vouvray Brut France.

by Bob Ross » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:14 pm

NV François Pinon Vouvray Brut France. Chambers Street Wines, $18.99. Lyle/Asimov bottle. Louis/Dressner importer.

A clear, light-gold wine has a Champagne-type cork and pops and pours with a pretty frothy mousse, pretty aromas of apples and melon, hints of minerals and some spice, very good fruit flavors with a bit of sweetness, excellent acidiyt, short finish, but very clean and pure. A very pretty wine with homemade salmon and cucumber sushi. 3*+.

Regards, Bob
no avatar
User

ClarkDGigHbr

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 06, 2006 7:16 pm

Gig Harbor, WA

Re: WTN: NV François Pinon Vouvray Brut France.

by ClarkDGigHbr » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:30 pm

Based on someone else's recommendation late last year, I bought some of this wine. Good bubbly for the price. We're having some friends over for a light lunch on Sunday. I think I'll open one of these.

-- Clark
no avatar
User

ClarkDGigHbr

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 06, 2006 7:16 pm

Gig Harbor, WA

Re: WTN: NV François Pinon Vouvray Brut France.

by ClarkDGigHbr » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:18 pm

Oh yeah!! Our friends just left and that Pinon Brut was every bit as good as I remembered it to be.

However, I thought I rememered reading that the recent release of this wine may not be as good as past ones. Can anyone comment on this?

I noticed none in our local wine shop yesterday, and picked up a couple bottles of Blanquette de Limoux instead, just to have some on hand.

Thanks -- Clark