The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2004 Dönnhoff Oberhäuser Brücke Riesling Spätlese (Germany, Nahe)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Howard

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:57 am

Chicago

WTN: 2004 Dönnhoff Oberhäuser Brücke Riesling Spätlese (Germany, Nahe)

by Howard » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:15 am

Oh good lord. Another beautiful wine. Kind of muted nose but amazing balance of tangerines, apricots, lemon, minerals, and acids on the palate. Sweet wonderfully persistent finish. Drank this with manchego, osu araty, and epoisses cheeses and there is very good synergy. Again, only 8% alchohol - just amazing stuff. There is none left for a delayed taste tonight.
Howard
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: 2004 Dönnhoff Oberhäuser Brücke Riesling Spätlese (Germany, Nahe)

by David M. Bueker » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:20 am

Brücke, the vin de garde of the Dönnhoff stable. I'm surprised it was showing so well, as Brücke usually shuts down hard and needs lots of time to come around again. Perhaps I should check in on it.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Howard

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:57 am

Chicago

Re: WTN: 2004 Dönnhoff Oberhäuser Brücke Riesling Spätlese (Germany, Nahe)

by Howard » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:35 am

I'm surprised it was showing so well, as Brücke usually shuts down hard and needs lots of time to come around again

I read a note to that effect in cellar tracker. I have no experience with Donnhoff to compare to - this and the last one I posted on are the only ones I've ever tried. It's very possible that this wine has much more to offer I just have no context in which to place this. I will when I buy more and hold, which I intend to do.

Perhaps I should check in on it.

I'd be very curious and it would be educational for me to hear your thoughts. If THIS is shut down, I can't wait to try one that's open for business.
Howard