The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2005 Snoqualmie Sauvignon Blanc Columbia Valley Washington.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

WTN: 2005 Snoqualmie Sauvignon Blanc Columbia Valley Washington.

by Bob Ross » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:23 pm

2005 Snoqualmie Sauvignon Blanc Columbia Valley Washington. 13.5% alcohol. $7.00 at Wine Cellars, Ridgewood.

Pale golden yellow color, clear hue, forward and intense aromas of citrus and melon with hints of lovely clover honey, rich citrus and melon tastes, crisp acidity, interesting finish with the fruits persisting surprisingly long. A very nice bottle of wine for sharing smoked salmon on Swedish crackers at an impromptu picnic while waiting for the PSEG guy to check our new gas lines. We passed inspection, and this wine did too. 3*+.

Notes:

http://www.snoqualmie.com/ After a gentle pressing, the fresh juice was inoculated with Prise de Mousse yeast to initiate a 12-day fermentation in refrigerated stainless steel tanks. The wine was aged sur lie for 3 months. Twice-weekly stirring of the lees created a rich and creamy texture.
no avatar
User

ClarkDGigHbr

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 06, 2006 7:16 pm

Gig Harbor, WA

Re: WTN: 2005 Snoqualmie Sauvignon Blanc Columbia Valley Washington.

by ClarkDGigHbr » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:49 pm

Bob, I always found the Snoqualmie white wines to have too much residual sugar, so I never bothered tasting their Sauvignon Blanc. From the sounds of it, this one is quite the find for $7. I guess I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for the tip -- Clark