The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Domaine Sorin gets my vote for WOTM.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Domaine Sorin gets my vote for WOTM.

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:35 pm

Following up on the report earlier today from Jenise, I have to post my tasting notes on this clear-cut winner in the pinkie stakes. Just edges out the Houchart and the Mulderbosch. Jenise, was your bottle the Terra Amata?

WTN: `06 Domaine Sorin Terra Amata, Cotes de Provence.

Natural cork, 12.5% alc, $19 Cdn. Wine is a blend of 40% Grenache, 40% Cinsault, 10% Mourvedre and 10% Syrah. Organically produced, sealed with wax, good Bandol producer.

The color is a light soft pink with orange hints. On the nose I found pear, strawberry and flash of herbs...all very appealing. Initial mouthfeel entry was good acidity, fresh , orange and strawberry. Just a slight hint of petillance on the memorable finish. Very nice mid-palate, solid wine dryish.
"This will improve as it warmed" I preached, sure enough good squirt of acidity on the finish after 24 hrs. Light to medium weight, a winner in my books. will buy another. This is what I imagined a Provence rose would taste like (in my youth!).

Food was pork scallops with mushroom sauce, appetiser was great with this wine........Lays Sour Cream Potato Chips!!!!!
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

Re: Domaine Sorin gets my vote for WOTM.

by Howie Hart » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:38 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:... appetiser was great with this wine........Lays Sour Cream Potato Chips!!!!!
:wink:
Chico - Hey! This Bottle is empty!
Groucho - That's because it's dry Champagne.
no avatar
User

Tim York

Rank

Wine guru

Tue May 09, 2006 2:48 pm

near Lisieux, France

by Tim York » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:23 am

I'll look out for this one, which is new to me, if ever we get any summer.

I sounds more charming without the touch of severity of the Saint-André-de-Figuières, which has, I think, a much higher proportion of Mourvèdre.
Tim York
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:51 am

Tim, I would say that's right. If it were a woman you'd say she's thin, but not boney. :)
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:17 pm

Have decided to open my `01 Domaine Sorin Cuvee Privee, Cotes de Provence later this week. Am anticipating a new vintage of the Rose pretty soon!
I think this `01 should be drinking quite nicely, wonder about the vintage though?
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:00 am

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Have decided to open my `01 Domaine Sorin Cuvee Privee, Cotes de Provence later this week. Am anticipating a new vintage of the Rose pretty soon!
I think this `01 should be drinking quite nicely, wonder about the vintage though?

You're wondering about the new vintage of rose? Dunno! If they get it 95% as right as they did last year, it will be a delight.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov