The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2005 Brancott Reserve Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough New Zealand.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

WTN: 2005 Brancott Reserve Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough New Zealand.

by Bob Ross » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:40 pm

WTN: 2005 Brancott Reserve Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough New Zealand. Seven Seas Voyager.

Pale yellow color, clear hue, intense and rich aroma of gooseberries, citrus and passion fruit, very good citric flavors, crisp acidity creating a very clean and lingering finish with lemony and some spicy notes. EGA none. 3*.

Uncommonly good match with a medley of smoked sturgeon, cod and halibut as a starter – the crisp acidity cleared the palate and it was easy to taste the differences between the three fish. And, the smoke from the fish and the sweetness of the citrus seemed to play against each other nicely.

Winemaker notes:

http://www.brancottvineyards.com/

14.4% alcohol. Light straw with green highlights. Dominated by gooseberry, white peach and flint aromas with underlying spicy green pepper notes. The palate shows a rich concentration and pure Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc characters. The fresh herbal fruit notes are complemented by tantalising mineral flavors and a crisp acidity.

winerz.com has an interesting price for this wine:

"Brancott Vineyards Marlborough Reserve Sauvignon Blanc 2005 Size: 750 Item#: 2y_655123 Price each: $1,532.95 Quantity in Basket: None

Current price: $1,532.95"

My guess is that that "None" will remain unchanged for awhile; it seems to run around $12 elsewhere.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: 2005 Brancott Reserve Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough New Zealand.

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:48 pm

One of the most economical NZ SBs around Bob. Also known as Montana of course, my first ever into to this varietal in my youth. The good ol` days of tinned asparagus, mushy peas aroma.