Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Arnold, the Apple -- Is this a California thing?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Arnold, the Apple -- Is this a California thing?

by Bob Ross » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:49 pm

A single star

Being an apple has changed a lot for me. My farmer not just picks me like all the other apples from his orchard. He knows that big, red and juicy ones like me are suited for being an "Arnold". This brings him more money, more motivation to improve and proceed his work and the participation in the "Arnold" partnership of farmers in the soft hills of eastern Styria.

When I leave my farmer’s orchard and his grange, nearly all conditions change. I’m no more to be transported in a crowded packing case, where I share space with thousands of other apples. My place is no more that of an anonymous fruit in the supermarket’s fruit rack, where consumers often suffer from lack of digest.

I’m now an "Arnold" with my own point of sale, packed in my fancy black box. Of course I enjoy my new function as single star in the world of fruits and delight.

A Power Apple -- an outsized Austrian apple named for native son Arnold Schwarzenegger and boasting “double the amount of vitamin C,” according to Austria Today. The Web site includes a blog from “Arnold” the apple that sounds a lot like Arnold the Governator.

http://www.arnoldapple.com/en/index.html
no avatar
User

Gary Barlettano

Rank

Pappone di Vino

Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:50 pm

In a gallon jug far, far away ...

It's Arnold Time?

by Gary Barlettano » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:35 am

„Arnold“ macht Schluss mit dem „Nylonsackerl-Image“ des Apfels.

This is a quote from the Austrian version of the site from the section called "Arnold's Message." It's missing from the English version. Although I have a pretty good idea, I wonder what "Nylonsackerl-Image" means? Mr. Pronay? Are you there? :lol:
And now what?
no avatar
User

TimMc

Re: Arnold, the Apple -- Is this a California thing?

by TimMc » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:36 pm

Now how do we get blamed for that?

sheesh