Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Alton Brown's gloves don't match his shoes

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Gary Barlettano

Rank

Pappone di Vino

Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:50 pm

In a gallon jug far, far away ...

Re: Alton Brown's gloves don't match his shoes

by Gary Barlettano » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:24 pm

Well, so far the TVFoodNetwork has not answered my inquiry in this regard. I have, however, started getting Alton-Brown-related junk mail in my inbox. What I don't do for you guys!
And now what?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Alton Brown's gloves don't match his shoes

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:03 pm

Jeff Yeast wrote:Has this practice extended to other FoodTV shows? I suppose it could be just his production company that is concerned, but I would think that such a paradigm shift would come down from the network.

Jeff, I feel as you do about the network and about AB. It's really the only remaining show that I watch, except for a very occasional tune-in to Iron Chef America if I hear that a chef I know or know of is on it.

I was basing my comment on Fred Sipe's remark higher up the thread, which sounded about right to me:

Fred wrote:I think the Food Network in general, across all shows, has been stressing hand washing/gloves/cleanliness very pointedly for some time now. I noticed the very obvious shift some time ago and I think it was because of consistent transgressions on camera and the fear that some poor novice cook was going to get the runs or worse.
Previous