Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Post Your Food Photos !

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Great Southern Land

Re: Post Your Food Photos !

by Celia » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Tex, food that would make Chuck Norris proud! :) And I never thought of roasting sprouts before - do they need long in the oven?

Robert, looks delicious - as always.. :)
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Paul Winalski

Rank

Wok Wielder

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:16 pm

Merrimack, New Hampshire

by Paul Winalski » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:38 pm

celia wrote:I do know Robin thought an Aussie burger with beetroot was odd, so I wasn't sure how an Aussie pizza with an egg would go down..

On my trip to Sydney I saw one place selling a pizza that had a swirl of vegemite on it.

-Paul W.
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Oh puhlease. Even I think that's wrong...
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Michelle Nordell

Rank

Wine geek

Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:27 am

Central Israel

by Michelle Nordell » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:47 am

I haven't been posting here in a while. Here are several dishes I have made in the last couple of weeks:

Roasted Duck with an Andalusian Sauce

Fritto Misto

Red Mullet with Mango Sauce

Chkmeruli (Chicken with Garlic and Walnut Sauce)
My food blog: Baroness Tapuzina
no avatar
User

Bob Hower

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:58 pm

Louisville, KY

by Bob Hower » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:02 pm

My very simple peach tart with raspberries from last night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:56 pm

Beautiful, Bob!

Celia

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Bob Hower

Rank

Ultra geek

Louisville, KY

by Bob Hower » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:05 pm

Thanks. Tasted good too. I kept it really simple - simple crust, peaches poached very lightly in sugar syrup, then I reduced the syrup and spooned it over the arrangement and added the fresh berries. Next week will be the last of the local peaches. :cry:
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:24 am

The raspberries look wonderful too - we don't grow raspberries here in Sydney, our temperate clime precludes it...

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Bob Hower

Rank

Ultra geek

Louisville, KY

by Bob Hower » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:18 am

Those came from a Mennonite farmer here who grows wonderful berries - strawberries in the spring, and then keeps the raspberries coming all summer long and into the fall. We've also been able to get a good supply of commercial berries in the super market this year - more than usual it seems. I love raspberries.
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:32 pm

A new cheese for me - ubriaco - hard parmesan style cheese covered in grape pomace, dunked in red wine and matured for six months.

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:19 am

Michelle Nordell wrote:I haven't been posting here in a while. Here are several dishes I have made in the last couple of weeks:

Michelle, all your dishes look fabulous, but I'm particularly entranced by the chicken with walnut and garlic sauce. Could you post the recipe?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:44 pm

Jenise, if you click on the link, recipe is on Michelle's blog. :)

I have finally nailed my recipe for ricotta cake!

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Michelle Nordell

Rank

Wine geek

Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:27 am

Central Israel

by Michelle Nordell » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:43 am

Jenise wrote:
Michelle Nordell wrote:I haven't been posting here in a while. Here are several dishes I have made in the last couple of weeks:

Michelle, all your dishes look fabulous, but I'm particularly entranced by the chicken with walnut and garlic sauce. Could you post the recipe?

Hi Jenise,

Thank you very much. The link to the recipe is directly under the photo. Click on the text below and it will take you to my blog page with the recipe:

My food blog: Baroness Tapuzina
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:52 pm

Got it, Michelle, thanks.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:54 pm

celia wrote:I have finally nailed my recipe for ricotta cake!

Celia, I've never had a ricotta cheesecake. Would have thought it would have made a lighter/looser cheesecake, but yours looks denser, less custardy, which I personally would adore. Am I interpreting the texture I see in the picture right?
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:56 pm

Jenise, the filling is made by folding egg whites through the ricotta/sour cream/sugar mix, which gives it a fluffy, crumbly texture rather than a smooth one. I've cut the eggs back to two per 500g of ricotta, which means the mix doesn't taste "eggy". I've just made a version without a crust for a gluten-free friend, it's been setting overnight. so I'm not sure yet how it went..

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:21 pm

celia wrote:Jenise, the filling is made by folding egg whites through the ricotta/sour cream/sugar mix, which gives it a fluffy, crumbly texture rather than a smooth one. I've cut the eggs back to two per 500g of ricotta, which means the mix doesn't taste "eggy". I've just made a version without a crust for a gluten-free friend, it's been setting overnight. so I'm not sure yet how it went..

Well, it looks just right for my tastes--when I make pumpkin pies, I always prefer them on the second day when they're a little drier. Did you flavor this, btw?
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:16 pm

No, but you certainly could. Mine just has a little vanilla added, but the bought ones which inspired me often have cinnamon or nutmeg. I prefer mine very plain.

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Barb Freda

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:04 am

Weston, Florida

by Barb Freda » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:53 pm

MMmmm. ricotta cheesecake. My favorite. NIce, Celia.
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:22 pm

Thanks Barb!

Jenise, I made a crustless version yesterday, and took this photo for you, so you could see the consistency of the filling.

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:35 pm

celia wrote:Thanks Barb!

Jenise, I made a crustless version yesterday, and took this photo for you, so you could see the consistency of the filling.

Celia, that looks DIVINE. Just perfect. I've never had ricotta cheesecake before and wouldn't have guessed it to turn out like that. Did you make your own ricotta?
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:24 pm

Thanks Jenise! :) We have access to some great Italian-style cheeses, so I've never had to try making our own (not yet, anyway).

The crustless ricotta cake was really easy..

Celia

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:34 pm

Celia, if you were my neighbor, I'd shortly weigh about 400 pounds! :wink:
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:17 am

No problem, RR, we have big doors! :mrgreen:

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
PreviousNext