Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Post Your Food Photos !

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Linda R. (NC)

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:09 pm

North Carolina

Re: Post Your Food Photos !

by Linda R. (NC) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:09 pm

Yeah, it looked like 2 TB was a lot. All the little depressions were full, but the bread wasn't greasy.
no avatar
User

Stuart Yaniger

Rank

Stud Muffin

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:28 pm

Big Sky

by Stuart Yaniger » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:03 pm

The oil absorption seems miraculous. There's a Hannukah analogy in there somewhere...

"A clown is funny in the circus ring, but what would be the normal reaction to opening a door at midnight and finding the same clown standing there in the moonlight?" — Lon Chaney, Sr.
no avatar
User

Linda R. (NC)

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:09 pm

North Carolina

by Linda R. (NC) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:17 pm

Stuart Yaniger wrote:The oil absorption seems miraculous. There's a Hannukah analogy in there somewhere...

That looks yummy! Olive oil...temple...8 days. It's amazing stuff.
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:55 am

Jenise, such fun photos ! Bit of trivia - did you know that the kakapo is an endangered NZ parrot ?

Stuart, that looks seriously decadent, and on that theme, here's what small boy had tonight - he likes his pizza with proscuitto, sliced Spanish olives and anchovies. Sigh...truly his mother's son.. :)

pizza2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Ben Rotter

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:59 pm

Sydney, Australia (currently)

by Ben Rotter » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:15 pm

Good to see fellow focaccia and pizza obsessives about. Pizza is also a regular for me (at least once every week or two for the last 9 years or so, give or take a few hiatus). Tonight a medly style:
final.jpg

with a Seghesio Sonoma Zinfandel 2004. Cali Zin with pizza - yeah! A medium-maroony red colour with a nose of candied cherries, sweet Santa Rosa plum, some earthy raspberry/blackberry, some spice (like anise) and wood. Actually it's more herbal (almost lavender) than spicy. A bit jammy and almost liqeuery (15% abv). The palate is refreshing, with a fairly intense cherry flavour, fine silty tannins, and pretty good length. A fruit driven Zin. You feel the alcohol but it isn't hot. It isn't as good (or, BTW, as oaky) as the Home Ranch IMO, but then it's half the price.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:45 pm

Ben, you are a much, MUCH better photographer than I am ! Great photo..
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:58 pm

The Cult of Pizza. Yes.
no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 pm

Morristown, NJ

by Maria Samms » Thu May 01, 2008 2:57 pm

My weeds are growing like...well, weeds :) !

Here are some of my weed creations:

Weed Salad: micro greens of Garlic Mustard, Dandelion, Pennsylvania Bittercress, and Chickweed, with a spicy vinegarette, topped with sharp cheddar, toasted walnuts and Bartlett pears (sprinkled with Cayenne pepper)

Pasta with Garlic, Olive Oil, and Weeds: Spaghetti, Garlic, Olive Oil, Parmesean Cheese, sauteed Garlic Mustard, Wintercress, and Dandelion, hot pepper flakes.

I love this time of year!
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance" -Benjamin Franklin
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Thu May 01, 2008 9:01 pm

Maria, you food looks wonderful and reminds me of you - uncomplicated, elegant, and honest! Hmmm.....I need to learn how to identify weeds!
no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Morristown, NJ

by Maria Samms » Fri May 02, 2008 7:20 am

Karen/NoCA wrote:Maria, you food looks wonderful and reminds me of you - uncomplicated, elegant, and honest!

Thank you so much Karen...you are too kind!
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance" -Benjamin Franklin
no avatar
User

Robert J.

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:36 pm

Coming to a store near you.

by Robert J. » Fri May 02, 2008 9:49 am

Karen/NoCA wrote:Maria, you food looks wonderful and reminds me of you - uncomplicated, elegant, and honest! Hmmm.....I need to learn how to identify weeds!

Ditto.
rwj
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Fri May 02, 2008 11:59 am

The first year we lived here, March was warm enough for Deck Time. This year even the returning swallos beat us--we didn't get our first day nice enough until last week. To celebrate the end of cabin fever, we celebrated with Blue Cheese and Walnut Terrine and a bottle of local Sauvignon Blanc.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Fri May 02, 2008 12:00 pm

Karen/NoCA wrote:Maria, you food looks wonderful and reminds me of you - uncomplicated, elegant, and honest! Hmmm.....I need to learn how to identify weeds!

Wish I'd said that. Maria, you're a treasure.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Fri May 02, 2008 7:39 pm

Jenise, I am SOOOOOOO envious of the view from your deck...
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Fri May 02, 2008 7:50 pm

Robert Reynolds wrote:Jenise, I am SOOOOOOO envious of the view from your deck...

That view's why we moved from Southern California. We're on vacation at our own home.
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Fri May 02, 2008 7:56 pm

I gotta work harder at convincing Gail to move somewhere more scenic than Oklahoma...
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Fri May 02, 2008 10:13 pm

Robert Reynolds wrote:I gotta work harder at convincing Gail to move somewhere more scenic than Oklahoma...

Robert, that would be... uh... anywhere.

Except some parts of Texas. 8)
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Fri May 02, 2008 10:28 pm

Cynthia Wenslow wrote:
Robert Reynolds wrote:I gotta work harder at convincing Gail to move somewhere more scenic than Oklahoma...

And Nebraska.
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
no avatar
User

Doug Surplus

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:17 am

Phoenix AZ

by Doug Surplus » Sat May 03, 2008 12:39 am

Cynthia Wenslow wrote:

Pretty much what I was thinking, but decided to let someone else take the shot.
Doug

If God didn't want me to eat animals, why did He make them out of meat?
no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Morristown, NJ

by Maria Samms » Sat May 03, 2008 9:09 am

Wow Jenise...gorgeous view! Glad it's starting to warm up and you can enjoy it.

Thanks to you and Robert for the compliments! :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Sat May 03, 2008 3:04 pm

It's easy. What I did was fly up here by myself to "look around". On the third day around 11:30 a.m., I walked into this house. By 4:00 I owned it. Called Bob around 2 p.m. and said we're moving. Six weeks later, Bob saw his new home for the first time, and a week later he moved in. I followed as soon as the California house sold three months later. I have agonized more over what I'm having for dinner than I did about making this move--every time I started to doubt myself, I'd just get out a picture of that view.
no avatar
User

Jo Ann Henderson

Rank

Mealtime Maven

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:34 am

Seattle, WA USA

by Jo Ann Henderson » Sat May 03, 2008 5:07 pm

I'm not much of a view person. For me, I believe all you need for a view is a window pointed in the direction of your choice. So, the way the rooms in my house are positioned, I have a view of my back yard. Personally, I believe that almost anywhere you drive in the Pacific Northwest you have a spectacular view.
Garden room3.jpg

This was 2007. My view is about 2 weeks away from looking like this again. We often eat here on nice days (just to make this a food related photo)!
Hidden Spa2.jpg
"...To undersalt deliberately in the name of dietary chic is to omit from the music of cookery the indispensable bass line over which all tastes and smells form their harmonies." -- Robert Farrar Capon
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Sat May 03, 2008 5:14 pm

Wow...so many beautiful photos !

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Sat May 03, 2008 6:00 pm

Testing posting a picture. This is part of our side yard on the streetside.
PreviousNext