Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Whither the Foodletter?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Norm Jensen

Rank

Just got here

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:54 am

Whither the Foodletter?

by Norm Jensen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:15 am

Has the weekly email Foodletter ceased publication? I haven't received one since early May, and can find no information about it here.

Norm
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

Re: Whither the Foodletter?

by Cynthia Wenslow » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:00 am

Hi, Norm.

The Foodletter goes out on Thursdays. I would suggest 1) checking your spam filters and then 2) e-mailing Robin. There also might be some technical glitch with your e-mail provider. A discussion list I am on frequently gets blacklisted by Comcast and I have to fight to get them to let it through, so I've changed all my list mail to Gmail accounts. :?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:37 am

Norm Jensen wrote:Has the weekly email Foodletter ceased publication? I haven't received one since early May, and can find no information about it here.

Norm

Norm, Cynthia's answer is a good one, but here's a more precise report: The FoodLetter has been on a short vacation this summer. As a result of some health issues that hit me earlier in the year, I've had to put the FoodLetter on hiatus. It is my plan to bring it back, though! :)
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:39 am

Ha!

I had just gone to check my own files and noticed it was MIA, and assumed it was because of the health stuff. I was just about to post that as a suggested explanation!
no avatar
User

Norm Jensen

Rank

Just got here

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:54 am

by Norm Jensen » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:01 am

Thank you both for your replies. Robin, I hope whatever it is healthwise clears up soon. Maybe a bowl of (free range, organic) chicken soup would do the trick? :)