Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Gourmet Popcorn

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Tim Smith

Rank

Cellar rat

Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:02 pm

Gourmet Popcorn

by Tim Smith » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:50 pm

I have been using Orville's popcorn for years. Begin a big fan of the popcorn I have decided to try some other brands of so called gourmet popcorn. I order a red and blue Amish popping corn. Anyone familar with other brands or have a favorite?
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Gourmet Popcorn

by Jenise » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:17 pm

Tim, like you, I buy Orville's but sometimes on our travels I run into something different and can't resist. Came home from Eastern Washington recently with a big of white popcorn I bought at little fruitstand in the middle of nowhere, for instance. Though I like the big kernels and more consistently high rate of popped kernels with yellow corn, I actually prefer the more assertive flavor of white. Not easy to find, though.

Never have tried blue or red. How do those work out?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David Creighton

Rank

Wine guru

Wed May 24, 2006 10:07 am

ann arbor, michigan

Re: Gourmet Popcorn

by David Creighton » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:46 pm

detroit just got its first popcorn store. not sure what to think....... i think you buy it with various toppings, or ...... it you can sell this franchise, selling igloos to eskimos would be easy.
david creighton