Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

A. W. Bistro review for Jenise

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Mike Bowlin

Rank

Ultra geek

Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:57 am

A. W. Bistro review for Jenise

by Mike Bowlin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:07 pm

A.W.Asian Bistro and Sushi Bar
1138 Finnigan Way
Bellingham, WA
360 715-3028 Lunch 11-3

Nice place to have lunch or dinner. New, clean, attentive staff and varied asian menu.
‘L’ shaped room serving 80 to 90 seats. Bar with afternoon happy hour is in the center of the ‘L’.
Street parking is a challenge in the area. Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Thai and more ethnic dishes are sprinkled around the menu which is fairly extensive. Many dishes contain raw fish from Albacore to Octopus. Dishes sampled were Hot and Sour soup (very good) tempura (also very good) Ramen Miso soup (lunch only, large portion, very good) Grilled Salmon with sweet sauce and greens(good).
Worth a return ? Yes. Try dinner ? Yes. Prices in the acceptable range for what is served.
Thanks,
Mike
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: A. W. Bistro review for Jenise

by Jenise » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:12 pm

Excellent report, almost better than I dared hope for. We'll try it soon ourselves, and report back to you on any non-meat items we'd reccommend. Thanks!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Mike Bowlin

Rank

Ultra geek

Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:57 am

Re: A. W. Bistro review for Jenise

by Mike Bowlin » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:54 pm

Jenise wrote:Excellent report, almost better than I dared hope for. We'll try it soon ourselves, and report back to you on any non-meat items we'd reccommend. Thanks!

FYI the reason I selected those dishes to try is the fact that if they screw those up ... well you know the rest. Hope you enjoy !
Thanks,
Mike