Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Flourless peanut butter choc chip cookies

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Great Southern Land

Flourless peanut butter choc chip cookies

by Celia » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:06 am

Baked these today for a friend who has coeliac's disease (can't eat gluten). I'd made them before, but they were too salty for me (most peanut butter here is salted), so I found an unsalted brand of pb and tried again. I'm pretty happy with the taste this time and figured it was worth posting about in case anyone else has gluten intolerant friends. Recipe is here.

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Sue Courtney

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:33 pm

Auckland, NZ

Re: Flourless peanut butter choc chip cookies

by Sue Courtney » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:35 am

Thanks Celia,
My Mum is gluten free and my sisters, who are much more into baking than I am, have a good repertoire of gluten free cookies and bikkies, but this sounds like a good one to pass on to them.
We also have a store called 'Bin Inn', which I understand you don't have in Australia. Apart from having every kind of flour under the sun, they also make their own peanut butter - unsalted peanut butter at that.
Cheers,
Sue
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

by Carrie L. » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:20 am

Celia, those look delicious!
Thanks for posting. I sent the link to my best friend, whose husband has celiac (and also has a wicked sweet tooth.)
Hello. My name is Carrie, and I...I....still like oaked Chardonnay. (Please don't judge.)
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:34 pm

Sue, Carrie, I hope they like them. They're remarkably easy to make. Now if I could only find a recipe for a gluten free bread which passes muster....

C
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 pm

Morristown, NJ

by Maria Samms » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:02 am

Those look delicious Celia! And if I make a few adjustments, I can make these for my son.
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance" -Benjamin Franklin
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:42 pm

What's your son allergic to, Maria? We have tree nut allergies (and dust mite) to deal with - cashews, pistachios, walnuts, pecans and brazil nuts, but he's ok with hazelnuts, almonds and (as of last month) peanuts. The confusing thing is that he has to eat the nuts he's not allergic to, so he doesn't sensitise to them, but the cashews can kill him, so he has to be "nut savvy". Hard to make sense of all that when you're a little kid. :roll:

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial