Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Tyler Florence Spotted!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TraciM

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:36 pm

Oakland, Ca

Tyler Florence Spotted!

by TraciM » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:29 pm

On my flight this morning...OAK-BUR...Even sat in my 'section'. He's soooooo cute.....
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

Re: Tyler Florence Spotted!

by Mike Filigenzi » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:45 pm

TraciM wrote:On my flight this morning...OAK-BUR...Even sat in my 'section'. He's soooooo cute.....

Down, girl!!!

:D

Although I can't say I found him terribly attractive, I've always liked seeing him on TV. He comes across as much more "genuine" than many Food Channel personalities.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:50 pm

Well, now I'm gonna have to google image him. :D
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:59 pm

Hmm. He is just a little too pretty for me. I like a more rugged look.

And beards are nice. :D
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:55 pm

I agree, he is a cutie...I'd like to have him cooking in my kitchen! 8)
no avatar
User

ChefJCarey

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:06 pm

Noir Side of the Moon

by ChefJCarey » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:47 am

Cynthia Wenslow wrote:Hmm. He is just a little too pretty for me. I like a more rugged look.

And beards are nice. :D

Damn, I thought we agreed you were going to stop stalking me! :)
Rex solutus est a legibus - NOT
no avatar
User

John Tomasso

Rank

Too Big to Fail

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:27 pm

Buellton, CA

by John Tomasso » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:52 am

my "Food TV personality on a flight moment" came on a DIA-LGA trip. Who do I spy on the plane but none other than Mario Batalli, traveling with his family. The best part was that his two little kids had on the same orange clogs that he did. Cracked me up.
"I say: find cheap wines you like, and never underestimate their considerable charms." - David Rosengarten, "Taste"
no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 pm

Morristown, NJ

by Maria Samms » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:43 am

Wow Traci...I am jealous...I think Tyler is a hottie!!

John - that is so cool that your saw Mario...he is a great chef!
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance" -Benjamin Franklin
no avatar
User

Patti L

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:22 am

Iowa

by Patti L » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:13 pm

I like watching "Tyler's Ultimate". I've gotten some good recipes and ideas from that show. And he is a cutie pie!

However, his use of the word boom when he cooks annoys the heck out of me. I'm sure it's a habit with him and he doesn't notice, but now that I have, it almost makes it hard to watch.
Patti
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:36 pm

TraciM wrote:On my flight this morning...OAK-BUR...Even sat in my 'section'. He's soooooo cute.....

Cool! I like Tyler. He's definitely cute which, like Cynthia, is hardly my type, but he doesn't at all seem to know it--there's not an ounce of vanity or self-consciousness there (think Bobby Flay). IOW, he's probably the best looking guy on that network but he actually seems the most down-to-earth. I haven't seen any of his shows in ages (is he still recording new episodes?), but he's definitely added a few pounds since the Food 911 days and IMO he looks all the better for it.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

TraciM

Rank

Ultra geek

Oakland, Ca

by TraciM » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:00 pm

Maria Samms wrote:Wow Traci...I am jealous...I think Tyler is a hottie!!

John - that is so cool that your saw Mario...he is a great chef!

You know who else is really cute is Michael Chiarello. I had him on a few months ago. Since they make his wine up at Outpost (where Tony works), it was a perfect way to introduce myself. He was super sweet and seemed genuinely surprised to meet me. With all the time I spend up at the winery, I never had the chance to meet him.
no avatar
User

TraciM

Rank

Ultra geek

Oakland, Ca

by TraciM » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:02 pm

Jenise wrote:

Cool! I like Tyler. He's definitely cute which, like Cynthia, is hardly my type, but he doesn't at all seem to know it--there's not an ounce of vanity or self-consciousness there (think Bobby Flay). IOW, he's probably the best looking guy on that network but he actually seems the most down-to-earth. I haven't seen any of his shows in ages (is he still recording new episodes?), but he's definitely added a few pounds since the Food 911 days and IMO he looks all the better for it.

I think he lives in Marin now. Married last summer and moved out here. I thought I recently saw a new-ish show by him. I do know, that I cook a lot of his recipes. They are terrific!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:06 pm

TraciM wrote:
Jenise wrote:

I think he lives in Marin now. Married last summer and moved out here. I thought I recently saw a new-ish show by him. I do know, that I cook a lot of his recipes. They are terrific!

I just googled it and indeed, he's a Bay area transplant. Has an eponymously named kitchen store in Mill Valley now.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

John F

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 20, 2006 3:50 am

by John F » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:07 pm

You guys should know....I look EXACTLY like Tyler Florence!
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:33 pm

my foodtv personality moment came before he was on food tv: Alton Brown was at NECI back when my wife and I were taking hobby classes there. We became friendly with him and his wife (who coordinated the hobby classes). Alton is as crazy in real life as he is on tv.
Decisions are made by those who show up