Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Heads up to Maria

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Heads up to Maria

by Jenise » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:04 pm

Maria, do you have a Trader Joe's near you? If so you may already know of the product, but yesterday I spied gluten-free brown rice tortillas at ours.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 pm

Morristown, NJ

Re: Heads up to Maria

by Maria Samms » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Thanks Jenise!! We do have a Trader's Joes...brown rice tortillas would be PERFECT! I will check it out this week...thank you so much for the heads up.
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance" -Benjamin Franklin
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:41 pm

Glad I mentioned it then! Dey wuz real purdy. :) So much so, I almost bought some for myself.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

by Bob Ross » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:05 pm

Maria, before you stop by, take a look at http://www.traderjoes.com/Attachments/NoGluten.pdf

It's a list of gluten free products generally available at Trader's Joe.

Which one is closest to you? We are halfway between the one in Wayne and one in Paramus. The Paramus one is newest in the chain and really good, but tough to get to. Best, Bob
no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 pm

Morristown, NJ

by Maria Samms » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:46 am

Thanks Bob for that list. That's great!

I go to a small Trader Joe's in Florham Park. It doesn't have everything the bigger ones have (no alcohol), but they have my son's Rice Bread. It's one of the few places I can get it (It's called "Food For Life" Brown Rice Bread) and it's great because it's not only Gluten-Free, but egg-free, dairy-free, and nut-free.

The one in Wayne would probably be my next closest one. I grew-up close by there so I am familiar with that area. I will have to check it out sometime.

I have not seem the rice tortillas before. I make burritos for the children 2X's a week...and I normally use the corn tortillas for my son. He is not big on them, and it's difficult to get them to fold like the flour ones. I bet the rice ones will be great for this. If my little TJ's doesn't have them, I will head over to wayne to check it out!

Thanks again Jenise and Bob.
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance" -Benjamin Franklin