Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Ice Cream - you just gotta love the INTERNET

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Ice Cream - you just gotta love the INTERNET

by Karen/NoCA » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:25 pm

I have a Krupp's Ice Cream Maker that is pretty old. I stored it away and have not used it for years. Raley's puts out a nice little food magazine called Extra and today I found some nice recipes for ice cream. A Mexican Mocha caught my eye so I went looking for my Krupp's, but could not find the instruction book. I went to Krupp's website and it seems they do not make ice cream makers anymore. A little more searching and I found pdf files for instruction books and YES - the one for my Krupp's. What a vast information system we have and so far it is still free - wonder how long that will last?
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

Re: Ice Cream - you just gotta love the INTERNET

by Cynthia Wenslow » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:40 pm

I found a manual online for my ancient (as opposed to my other, nearly-ancient) Singer sewing machine a while back. Yes, it's a great, great resource.
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

by Mike Filigenzi » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:43 am

It is a great thing. I have an old Pulsar wristwatch that has several digital functions as well as an analog watch face. I'd have never been able to figure out how to set the date if the manuals weren't available on the 'net.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Dave R

Rank

On Time Out status

Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:07 pm

by Dave R » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:55 am

Mike Filigenzi wrote:It is a great thing. I have an old Pulsar wristwatch that has several digital functions as well as an analog watch face. I'd have never been able to figure out how to set the date if the manuals weren't available on the 'net.

I had a Pulsar wristwatch in the early 1980's. It was was pretty nifty because you could play Space Invaders on the digital face.

The internet is great for finding old technical manuals for stereo equipment.
Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
Hooking up words and phrases and clauses.
Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
Hooking up cars and making 'em function.