Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

What are you cooking this weekend?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: What are you cooking this weekend?

by Jenise » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:16 pm

TraciM wrote:I started the Smoky Pork Pappardelle (last month's Food and Wine) last night. I finished making the sauce only moments ago and will serve the dish tomorrow night for a handful of wine geeks. So far, it's really yummy!! In the morning, I'm baking Magnolia Cafe's Butterscotch Brownies. However, I'm tempted to make them peanut butter brownies. First course is still undecided....maybe a caprese?

Peanut butter brownies? OHMIGAWD. Recipe! Recipe!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:23 pm

Carrie L. wrote:Jenise, I agree with Cynthia. You are indeed a cooking goddess. I want to be like you when I grow up. :)

Oh, stop it! Cooking's therapy, and this week I need a lot of therapy! And too, things really got rolling when I blew it on Wednesday, when I was in the garage rearranging the freezer to make more room. I thought I'd succeeded beyond my wildest dreams until the next day when I discovered a thawed turkey sitting on the garage floor. So on top of everything else, I had a turkey to deal with, and we already had plans for dinner so I had to break it down, making a big pot of broth and re-freezing the breast and leg meats individually. Dumb!

Have fun in Massachusetts. And we wouldn't laugh at your Rachel Ray recipe, she has some good ideas.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Greg H

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:50 pm

by Greg H » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:52 pm

Very simple tonight. We have five or six different heirloom tomatoes, so a fresh tomato sauce with olive oil, oil poached garlic and basil over pasta with a parmesan cheese bread. Now what to choose to drink with it...
no avatar
User

Stuart Yaniger

Rank

Stud Muffin

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:28 pm

Big Sky

by Stuart Yaniger » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Barbera. Or even better, Dashe l'Enfant Terrible.
"A clown is funny in the circus ring, but what would be the normal reaction to opening a door at midnight and finding the same clown standing there in the moonlight?" — Lon Chaney, Sr.
no avatar
User

Greg H

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:50 pm

by Greg H » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:01 pm

Stuart Yaniger wrote:Barbera. Or even better, Dashe l'Enfant Terrible.

Sounds perfect. I have a Prunotto I will open. Thanks.
Previous