Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Biscotti

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Mike Bowlin

Rank

Ultra geek

Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:57 am

Biscotti

by Mike Bowlin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:11 pm

My wife is a saint. While I was out this AM getting our car serviced she made my fav Italian treat, almond and orange. Break out the Vin Santo !!
biscotti.jpg
Thanks,
Mike
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Great Southern Land

Re: Biscotti

by Celia » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:56 pm

Mike, you're a lucky guy!! :)
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

John Tomasso

Rank

Too Big to Fail

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:27 pm

Buellton, CA

by John Tomasso » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:41 am

Nice.
"I say: find cheap wines you like, and never underestimate their considerable charms." - David Rosengarten, "Taste"
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:35 pm

Wow, those look perfect. And break out the vin santo indeed! But heck, any good white sticky will do: the first time I ever had Y'Quem, at the Union Square Cafe in NYC, it was served with a single biscotti on top. For a non-dessert, non-cream, non-pudding, basically non-goop dessert non-eater like myself, it was a dream come true of a dessert.

I've been meaning to ask you about the cooking assignments in your household, but maybe I'll make a poll out of it...HMMM! Stay tuned.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov