Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

NFR: I have never been to Austin, TX but...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dave R

Rank

On Time Out status

Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:07 pm

NFR: I have never been to Austin, TX but...

by Dave R » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:20 pm

I must schedule a visit soon. Sounds like a fun group of people. And I admire the strength and perseverance it took to make them Number One. :)

http://www.forbes.com/2008/08/07/alcohol-drinking-cities-forbeslife-drink08-cx_de_avb_0807hard.html?partner=aol
Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
Hooking up words and phrases and clauses.
Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
Hooking up cars and making 'em function.
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

Re: NFR: I have never been to Austin, TX but...

by Mike Filigenzi » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:34 pm

I'll be heading out there for a music festival at the end of September. I'll remember to be very careful when out on the roadways!
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Patti L

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:22 am

Iowa

by Patti L » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:08 am

I've been there a number of times. How did I miss the party? :?
Patti
no avatar
User

ChefJCarey

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:06 pm

Noir Side of the Moon

by ChefJCarey » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:25 pm

Patti L wrote:I've been there a number of times. How did I miss the party? :?

One question: Were you driving a car with an Iowa license plate? :)
Rex solutus est a legibus - NOT
no avatar
User

Patti L

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:22 am

Iowa

by Patti L » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:43 pm

ChefJCarey wrote:
Patti L wrote:I've been there a number of times. How did I miss the party? :?

One question: Were you driving a car with an Iowa license plate? :)

Ha! Not at the time, no.

I guess it's just me then, huh. :|
Patti
no avatar
User

Robert J.

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:36 pm

Coming to a store near you.

by Robert J. » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:24 am

Dave R wrote:I must schedule a visit soon. Sounds like a fun group of people. And I admire the strength and perseverance it took to make them Number One. :)

http://www.forbes.com/2008/08/07/alcohol-drinking-cities-forbeslife-drink08-cx_de_avb_0807hard.html?partner=aol

Look me up when you get here. Though I don't drink anymore I sure contributed a fair amount to those percentages. My claim to fame is passing out on the bathroom floor of Antone's. The barback (friend of mine) was kind enough to drag me out to my truck, toss me in, and lock the keys in with me. It's a strange feeling waking up in your truck in the back alley of a club with the sun just peeking over the roof and a little barf on your shirt.

Then there were the numerous times of sneaking into Barton Springs late at night for ice cold skinny dippin'. Ah, the good old days. Now I just wish that the Californians would go away.

rwj
no avatar
User

Robert J.

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:36 pm

Coming to a store near you.

by Robert J. » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:26 am

Dave R wrote:I must schedule a visit soon. Sounds like a fun group of people. And I admire the strength and perseverance it took to make them Number One. :)

Look me up when you get here. Though I don't drink anymore I sure contributed a fair amount to those percentages. My claim to fame is passing out on the bathroom floor of Antone's. The barback (friend of mine) was kind enough to drag me out to my truck, toss me in, and lock the keys in with me. It's a strange feeling waking up in your truck in the back alley of a club with the sun just peeking over the roof and a little barf on your shirt.

Then there were the numerous times of sneaking into Barton Springs late at night for ice cold skinny dippin'. I remember being able, also, to get wristbands to South by Southwest for less than $20.

Like Willie Nelson used to say of Austin when he convinced Waylon to come here, "The drugs are cheap and the women are beautiful." Ah, the good old days. Now I just wish that the Californians would go away.

rwj