Magical Fruit/Butter Sauce

Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

Postby Fred Sipe » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Very simple fruit sauce. I think I picked it up from Steamy Kitchen a long time ago. Really tasty and couldn't be any easier. I'm about to sear some scallops. Using apricot.

In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 2 tablespoons fruit preserves (apricot, mango-jalapeno, blackberry, etc.), 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, a good turn of the pepper mill and a generous pinch of salt.

Pour this over whatever your little heart desires.
Fred Sipe
Ultra geek

Re: Magical Fruit/Butter Sauce

Postby Karen/NoCA » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:44 am

Las night I had nectarine and strawberry parfaits with vanilla bean ice cream. Our guests loved a taste they could not figure out. I macerated the fruit in dark brown sugar with a drizzle of balsamic. The fruit had that interesting punch of sweetness, and the resulting liquid moved down to the bottom of the parfait vessel for a delightful surprise with the last few bites. Finally, my neighbor said, "there is brown sugar in here, but what is the rest?" It was really good!
Karen/NoCA
Hunter/Gatherer

Re: Magical Fruit/Butter Sauce

Postby Fred Sipe » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:07 pm

Karen/NoCA wrote:Las night I had nectarine and strawberry parfaits with vanilla bean ice cream. Our guests loved a taste they could not figure out. I macerated the fruit in dark brown sugar with a drizzle of balsamic. The fruit had that interesting punch of sweetness, and the resulting liquid moved down to the bottom of the parfait vessel for a delightful surprise with the last few bites. Finally, my neighbor said, "there is brown sugar in here, but what is the rest?" It was really good!

Sounds heavenly! I love that little bit of piquancy from the balsamic. It is hard to pin down.
Fred Sipe
Ultra geek

Return to The Forum Kitchen