Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Update on Joe Carey

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Update on Joe Carey

by Jenise » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:46 am

Per his SIL, the trach tube was actually only removed yesterday (not a few weeks ago as someone had thought), but he's still on a feeding tube. Slow progress, but progress nonetheless. He was THAT sick.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

Re: Update on Joe Carey

by Redwinger » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:42 am

Per SIL:
Chef remains hospitalized, but continues to improve. He is standing and walking on a limited basis. Still a ways to go, but things appear to be headed in the right direction for Joseph. They hope to move him to an intense physical and occupational center next week for rehab.
Smile, it gives your face something to do!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:51 am

Redwinger wrote:Per SIL:
Chef remains hospitalized, but continues to improve. He is standing and walking on a limited basis. Still a ways to go, but things appear to be headed in the right direction for Joseph. They hope to move him to an intense physical and occupational center next week for rehab.

Really good news, thanks!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

by Mike Filigenzi » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Nice to hear. I hadn't seen anything on him for some time and was hoping things were going in the right direction.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child