Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Anyone ever use a Bamix immersion blender?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Anyone ever use a Bamix immersion blender?

by Jenise » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:07 pm

I keep seeing ads/commercials for same. Occasionally they star Jamie Oliver. Have to say, I'm starting to think I need one. I don't use an immersion blender nearly as much as I used to since Bob replaced my original Braun, or was it Kuhn, which I loved not only in spite of the clamp that held it together where it crackled when one of us dropped it or maybe even more because of it.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

Re: Anyone ever use a Bamix immersion blender?

by Jeff Grossman » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:48 pm

Never even heard of it.
no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

by Larry Greenly » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:08 pm

I've owned one for a quarter century, and I have two others as backups that I acquired along the way. I personally think it's the best one out there. It's made in Switzerland, so it's well made. I like its ergonomics, the two-speed switch (the high is really fast), how it gets everything mixed, and it's easy to clean. I even use it to mix deviled egg filling. Two thumbs up for me.
no avatar
User

Barb Downunder

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:31 am

by Barb Downunder » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:37 am

Like Larry I’ve had one (the same one) for years. Works well , solid, smaller profile than many others so fits easily in a drawer, and in narrow containers.