Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

This week at Canlis, Seattle's premier fine dining resto

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

This week at Canlis, Seattle's premier fine dining resto

by Jenise » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:20 pm

I love this Facebook post by Brian Canlis, the restaurant's owner, posted two days ago:

Last night at 8:09pm our restaurant lost power. It was the first time in 71 years that we’ve lost power during service. Every table, and all four of our private event spaces were full. The kitchen went pitch black. The dining room lit only by candles. The guests hushed, unsure of what to do or say. And for a second, so was I. The guests, the staff, me... everything just went silent. And then I heard Jason playing the piano. He hadn’t missed a note. He just kept playing and I loved it.

So we did what any fine dining restaurant would do. We passed Champagne, raised our glasses to being part of history together, and ordered a hundred Dick’s burgers. Turns out, that’s not a bad way to spend an evening here. New tradition?

Thanks to our friends at Dick’s--you guys are legends.

BC
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

Re: This week at Canlis, Seattle's finest restaurant

by Jeff Grossman » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:25 pm

Bravo to Jason!