Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Bad Vegan

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Bad Vegan

by Jenise » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:08 pm

So I was sipping my coffee this morning and had a cat in my lap, so I flipped on the TV to check on movies for later tonight, like Belfast. Got that squared away and then, on Netflix, saw the words Bad Vegan. Huh? I clicked on it, and decided to just sample the first episode. After all, I had things to do and am not a daytime watcher but for news. Four hours later I finished the whole thing. Without moving.

It's a rather riveting tale, a limited series documentary, about a very successful restaurant and restauranteur in NYC, Pure Food & Wine, and what happened to both when she got involved (thru Alec Baldwin, always a celebrity angle!) with an extremely manipulative and dishonest guy named Shane Fox. Won't share any spoilers, and you can easily google the details and save yourself four intense hours of wondering, "How did she not....?" But you won't be bored, believe me.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Peter May

Rank

Pinotage Advocate

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:24 am

Snorbens, England

Re: Bad Vegan

by Peter May » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:55 am

Sorry Jenise.

I baled out of Bad Vegan about 20 minutes into the second episode. I was bored, and I just was not involved. I've never heard of the characters and I didn't care about them. The programme seemed bloated, there was a lot of talking but little information.
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

by Jeff Grossman » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:38 pm

Isn't Bad Vegan a place in Germany with a famous hot springs?
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:44 pm

Peter May wrote:Sorry Jenise.

I baled out of Bad Vegan about 20 minutes into the second episode. I was bored, and I just was not involved. I've never heard of the characters and I didn't care about them. The programme seemed bloated, there was a lot of talking but little information.

I'm sorry, too! Perhaps I'm just fascinated about stories of smart women (she was a Wharton grad) who allow men to destroy them (and vice versa would be as interesting). I just kept thinking there'd be a reason--and honestly, there wasn't.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:22 pm

Peter May wrote: I've never heard of the characters...

Do you only like shows about people you have heard of?
Decisions are made by those who show up