Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Oh my word, look at this...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Oh my word, look at this...

by Jenise » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:37 pm

..perfectly rosy pink prime rib. Exactly the color I love, and it's not even seared on the outside. Quite amazing for a restaurant version, baked under rock salt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh56_blOvLg
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Oh my word, look at this...

by Karen/NoCA » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:10 am

Jenise, our youngest son married a girl who cannot stand beef, the texture, flavor, color and smell. Her dad cooked for us many times and made a beautiful prime rib cooked in rock salt. I loved watching him take it out of the oven, setting it to rest, and then cracking that salt cover. My poor daughter-in-law had to leave the room. The rest of us were big beef eaters and she did cook us beef on many occasions. It was the best prime rib, even better than the one I cooked on many family get-togethers. One time I asked Gene if he wanted to do the rock salt thing and he said, "the one you make is just as good." That was good enough for me!