Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Sirloin Schmirloin

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

Re: Your photograph ...

by Bill Spohn » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:23 pm

Jenise wrote:She tossed a goodly amount of it on each side of the steaks, pressed it in, and then poured vinegar over them. She marinated them about 30 minutes, turning once. The steaks cooked about 7 minutes in a hot skillet.

The type of adobo I'm familiar with is a long-cooked meat so this is a very different approach

I have always found it advisable to let your meat rest after rubbing it......is that not your practice? :mrgreen:

This is adobo spicing for busy people and I will have to try it!

As for steaks, surely everyone knows that the best steak by a mile is the ribeye (call it what you will) and that sirloin in whatever configuration is an inferior cut. :D

You go get 'em, girl - make them relabel what they sell as semi-sirloin or something!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Hey Jenise - re rare top sirloin

by Jenise » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:32 pm

Randy R wrote:You publically stated you are blonde.

Indeed I am. And I have no objection to Joan Blondell, I just mostly remember her from an afternoon soap opera that she appeared on later in life called Dark Shadows.

Re Thelma--thank god! I've been assured to the contrary, but in my own head, that's exactly how I sound. I never recognize myself on recordings.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Previous