Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

RCP: Arugula "Mock Traditional Spinach" Salad

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

RCP: Arugula "Mock Traditional Spinach" Salad

by Bill Spencer » Thu May 17, 2007 1:41 pm

%^)

From Executive Chef Walter Pisano at Tulio Ristorante in Seattle in a food article by Food Editor Hsiao-Ching Chou of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer ...

4 to 6 Slices prosciutto
Juice of 1 Lemon
1/2 C Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
6 C Arugula, loosely packed
2 Hard-boiled eggs, roughly chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees ... place prosciutto slices on a foil-lined baking sheet ... bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the prosciutto is crispy but making sure the prosciutto doesn't burn ... remove from oven and allow to cool ... combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a non-reactive bowl, whisk until blended, and set aside ... place arugula in a large salad bowl ... drizzle the dressing over the leaves ... gently toss ... add the chopped eggs and toss gently again ... divide among 4 salad plates ... break the crispy prosciutto slices into smaller pieces and sprinkle over each salad ... serve immediately ...

4 Servings

Clink !

%^)
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: RCP: Arugula "Mock Traditional Spinach" Salad

by Jenise » Fri May 18, 2007 11:31 am

That makes me wish I liked eggs!

Btw, another good way to prepare proscuitto is to broil it on a cookie rack. You have to live at the oven while it's being done, but it crisps up in a minute or two so overall prep time is much less.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov