Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Lucky me

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

Lucky me

by Larry Greenly » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:15 am

Yesterday I was at my neighbor's house when his mother showed up with a couple of porterhouses for his wife and him. I joked, "Why didn't you bring three?" And that's how I ended up with a porterhouse. Turns out her cousin owns a meat store and she had a car load of steaks.

Guess what I'm having tonight?
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Lucky me

by Jenise » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:09 pm

A car load of steaks? Who'd she rob? :)
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:36 pm

They just fell off the back of a truck.....
no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

by Larry Greenly » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:07 pm

Since my favorite wife is doing R&R in Pennsylvania and contemplating her navel, I ate my porterhouse all by myself--and it was good. I sauteed it in the style of steak au poivre, something I learned decades ago in the Time-Life Series in another thread.

Accompanied by tender-crisp oven fries, sauteed onions and mushrooms, salad and a glass of leftover burgundy, I ate everything but the bone. And my friend's dog will get the bone tomorrow.

If I'm lucky, I'll have the house back in shape by the time wifey gets back. I've spent almost a week cleaning out one of our lower rooms (which resembled the last scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark) and using the rest of the house as a staging area. But much easier without a wife giving directions (I mean suggestions). I'm pooped, although it's cheaper than going to a gym and lifting things. We'll sort through some books when she gets back and get rid of a thousand or so.