Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Wine-related recipe contest

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Randy Buckner

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:46 am

Puget Sound

Wine-related recipe contest

by Randy Buckner » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:18 pm

All of you innovators sharpen up your pencils. Covey Run announces the second annual “Endless Possibilities” recipe contest. Open to anyone with a flair for culinary innovation, the contest invites participants to create a proprietary dessert or beverage recipe utilizing one ounce of Covey Run Reserve Semillon Ice Wine. Contestants may submit as many unique beverage or dessert concepts as desired. The Grand Prize is a trip for two to the 12th Annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival in Orlando, Florida, including airfare, three-night accommodations and four-day admission to Disney’s Epcot Center, Universal Studios and/or Magic Kingdom. For complete contest details and official rules, please visit http://www.coveyrun.com.

Since Semillon tends to have fig flavors, maybe some nice dessert with figs as the focal point?? I've never had this wine, so I do not know if it is good, bad or ugly...
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Wine-related recipe contest

by Jenise » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:18 pm

It's the second? We should find out what won the first.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Randy Buckner

Rank

Wine guru

Puget Sound

by Randy Buckner » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:53 pm

This cocktail is the 2006 Grand Prize Winner at the Covey Run “Endless Possibilities” Semillon Ice Wine Recipe Contest. New York chef Jennifer Wayland created this wonderful drink that met the challenge to create a new cocktail featuring Covey Run Semillon Ice Wine. The lotus root garnish adds that finishing touch and is such a wonderful idea.

INGREDIENTS:
3 oz Covey Run Semillon Ice Wine
2 oz vanilla-ginger simple syrup
club soda
lotus root slice for garnish

Come on -- you folks have got more imagination than this. Don't you want to go to Florida? :shock:
no avatar
User

ChefJCarey

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:06 pm

Noir Side of the Moon

by ChefJCarey » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:50 pm

Is second prize two weeks in hell?
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:52 pm

Randy Buckner wrote:Come on -- you folks have got more imagination than this. Don't you want to go to Florida? :shock:

I once lived in Florida, for 10 long months. Too much sand, not enough mountains for my taste, so I hied myself back t' the hills of Georgia.

And here, now, I find myself far, far from either, in Oklahoma. Well, there's the Ozarks, but even a Georgia hillbilly has SOME standards!
no avatar
User

Randy Buckner

Rank

Wine guru

Puget Sound

by Randy Buckner » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:03 pm

even a Georgia hillbilly has SOME standards!

Born an Okie -- I have no standards. :twisted: