Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Feast in Tucson

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

Feast in Tucson

by Bill Spencer » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:34 pm

%^)

Drove 240 miles to Tucson Saturday to attend my niece's wedding ... got to the motel a little after noon and found we couldn't check in until after 2:00 p.m. ... decided to try a neighborhood restaurant we'd heard about from some UA alumni friends called Feast ...

http://www.eatatfeast.com/

Check out the catering menu on the website ... I have NEVER seen such a lengthy offering in my life !

What a stupendous find in Tucson ! A small bistro style restaurant specializing in world around gourmet food ... order in or, believe it or not, take out ... had a cup of the creamiest chicken soup I'd ever eaten and a soft shell crab sandwich ... homemade ice cream for dessert ... a wonderful wine list that you can either read or just look at a floor to ceiling, wall to wall display of all the wines available ... great selection of wines by the glass ... unfamiliar with a wine ? No problem ... they'll offer you a one ounce pour to taste for free ... the menu changes every month ... and regulars can e-mail the chef after glancing at each month's new offereings and ask for some old favorites to be added ... a few are and appear on the back page of the menu ... amazing !

The little place was full of regulars ... and the chef regularly came out of the kitchen and table hopped around greeting old friends and making new ones like us ...

Don't know why you'd ever be in Tucson but if you are this is one restaurant I wouldn't miss !

Clink !

%^)
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html
no avatar
User

Kyrstyn Kralovec

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:50 pm

Washington DC, Oregon bound

Re: Feast in Tucson

by Kyrstyn Kralovec » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:33 am

Sounds really good, Bill. Maybe I'll have to find a reason to visit Tucson!
I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~John Galt
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Re: Feast in Tucson

by James Roscoe » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:41 am

One quarter of my wife's family lives in Tuscon these days (a brother and two sisters, do the math). Now I have a real reason to visit.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.