Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Can a French rat cook?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Paulo in Philly

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:26 pm

Philadelphia, PA

Can a French rat cook?

by Paulo in Philly » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:25 pm

no avatar
User

Eden B.

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Can a French rat cook?

by Eden B. » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:07 am

Not only "will I" but I did first thing Friday (as a b-day treat for myself). Loved it. Astonishing animation and cute story, but there was so much as a foodie that I was paying attention to in addition to the story - it was actually too much to watch! The very first kitchen scene totally looks like a Thomas Keller kitchen (he consulted for the film, btw, and has a speaking role -- credits ran by too quickly, but I caught Tony Bourdain's name in there, too). I kept wishing it was on DVD so I could rewind and look at other parts of the screen, there was so much to see. Fun, fun, fun.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Can a French rat cook?

by Jenise » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:41 am

Eden, a chef friend and I went to see it a few days ago too. Loved it! Great characters, as you say astonishing animation, and a story line grounded in the belief that excellence triumphs over mediocrity. Favorite line: "If we are what we eat, then I'm only going to eat the good stuff!"
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov