Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

AWESOME RIBS...Thanks everyone, especially MikeH!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 pm

Morristown, NJ

AWESOME RIBS...Thanks everyone, especially MikeH!

by Maria Samms » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:08 am

Hi All,

I just wanted to thank everyone so much for all your suggestions and info you gave me awhile back on how to make good ribs...especially MikeH! I did some baby back ribs yesterday and they were out of this world!! I put a dry rub on them the night before (thanks Karen for that recipe) and then let them cook low and slow. I even managed to smoke them using some applewood chips. The only thing I didn't do was make my own BBQ sauce (I used a bottled brand)...but I will try it next time.

I also wanted to add that I have done the ribs in my crockpot as well and they also came out really well. Just put the dry rub on the night before, put the in the crockpot the next morning on low for 8 hrs...then mopped on some BBQ sauce and finished them off in the grill. They came out wonderful, but the smoke really brought them up a level.

Thanks again everyone!! Maybe someday I will be worthy of a Kamado after all...LOL!
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance" -Benjamin Franklin
no avatar
User

Carl Eppig

Rank

Our Maine man

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:38 pm

Middleton, NH, USA

Re: AWESOME RIBS...Thanks everyone, especially MikeH!

by Carl Eppig » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:54 am

Sounds fine. On Tuesday we tried something a little different to save on fat. We smoked country ribs with hickory. Gave them the same Carolina Red sauce treatment, as we do baby backs, after removing them from smoker. Excellante'.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: AWESOME RIBS...Thanks everyone, especially MikeH!

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:14 am

Maria Samms wrote:Maybe someday I will be worthy of a Kamado after all...LOL!

You want to grill <b>a giant lizard</b>? Eeeeuuuuwwww!