The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Posts

1368

Joined

Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:44 pm

Location

Ohio

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by JuliaB » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Just got an email from Sue and Neil Courtney..they are currently in Alsace, working their way across the pond to arrive at MoCool! Can't wait to hear about their travels IN PERSON!!

10 DAYS!
JB
User avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Posts

5953

Joined

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:13 pm

Location

Niagara Falls, NY

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by Howie Hart » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Well, you folks have left me no choice. It looks like I will have to bring dessert Thursday night. :)
Chico - Hey! This Bottle is empty!
Groucho - That's because it's dry Champagne.
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Posts

1368

Joined

Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:44 pm

Location

Ohio

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by JuliaB » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:04 pm

I was thinking of that, too, Howie. Probably an app, instead.

See you soon!
JB
no avatar
User

Tom N.

Rank

Wine guru

Posts

768

Joined

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:17 pm

Location

Soo, Ont.

Re: THURSDAY MoCool!!

by Tom N. » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:51 pm

MikeH wrote:
Tom N. wrote:I am thinking of bringing pork tenderloin, marinating it and cooking medallions on the grill. My pairing would be an Oregon Pinot, Carleton Cellars. However, it looks like the menu is getting quite protein heavy so, I may change my mind. But as far as I am concerned the more pinots the better, especially from the Willamette valley.


At this point it appears we will have some marinated flank steak for the grill so the protein parade continues. And I may be able to dig up a WV pinot.

Hi Mike,

To prevent protein overload, I have changed my mind on what to bring. I think I am going to bring a beet salad topped with goat cheese, sauteed crispy shallots, walnut pieces, and dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette. This is one of the most wine friendly salads I have ever tasted and because of the beets is pinot friendly :lol: ! Plus it balances out our menu a bit.
Tom Noland
Good sense is not common.
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Posts

1368

Joined

Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:44 pm

Location

Ohio

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by JuliaB » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:50 am

So anxious to see Bob Ross again! MoCool is so much about the people as the wines.
no avatar
User

Sam Platt

Rank

I am Sam, Sam I am

Posts

2334

Joined

Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:22 pm

Location

Indiana, USA

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by Sam Platt » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:29 pm

Mike H. wrote:Sam, which Archery Summit are you considering?

Mike,

It's the 2010 Renegade Ridge. However, I think I'm going to bring a 2004 Argyle Nuthouse. It should be good to go. The Archery Summit needs a few more years in the bottle.

PS: I am still not 100% sure we can make it on Thursday. I have a customer commitment that I am unable to definitively pin down to the a.m.
Sam

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are a small
matter compared to what lies within us" -Emerson
User avatar
User

MikeH

Rank

Wine guru

Posts

1165

Joined

Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:07 am

Location

Cincinnati

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by MikeH » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:05 pm

Sam Platt wrote:
Mike H. wrote:Sam, which Archery Summit are you considering?

Mike,

It's the 2010 Renegade Ridge. However, I think I'm going to bring a 2004 Argyle Nuthouse. It should be good to go. The Archery Summit needs a few more years in the bottle.

PS: I am still not 100% sure we can make it on Thursday. I have a customer commitment that I am unable to definitively pin down to the a.m.


The Argyle should be very ready to go. If you're bringing salmon, I have a couple of 02s to consider, an Archery Summit Arcus Estate and a Domaine Serene Evenstad. Also have a couple of 04 St. Innocent that should be ready. :)
Cheers!
Mike
User avatar
User

Sue Courtney

Rank

Wine guru

Posts

1967

Joined

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:33 pm

Location

Auckland, NZ

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by Sue Courtney » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:49 pm

JuliaB wrote:Just got an email from Sue and Neil Courtney..they are currently in Alsace, working their way across the pond to arrive at MoCool! Can't wait to hear about their travels IN PERSON!!

10 DAYS!
JB


Back in Germany now. In the Baden area tonight before heading to Pfalz tomorrow - can't believe how beautiful it is here and love being back in a country where eating out is affordable.. All this talk about wines for MoCool I hope our 'off theme' wines I have ordered from a wine shop in Ann Arbor will be appreciated by one or two people.
no avatar
User

Gary Kahle

Rank

Wine geek

Posts

81

Joined

Sun May 27, 2012 10:08 am

Location

Traverse City, MI

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by Gary Kahle » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Does anyone from Michigan still go to MoCool? There must be but I don't see any names here and I have not spoke to anyone who is.
I will not be there as we are very close to our move to the new house in TC but I hope you all enjoy it.
Cheers,
Gary
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Posts

1368

Joined

Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:44 pm

Location

Ohio

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by JuliaB » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:36 pm

Gary,

I would say 50% of attendees, at least, are Michiganders! They may not be WLDGers, however. Would love to see you and Georgine again! Whenever I look at the pictures of previous MoCool's I always think it is your back with the t-shirt that says "Shut up and drink it!". Hope you can make it next year; a lot of your friends will be there!

One week!!!
JuliaB
User avatar
User

Sue Courtney

Rank

Wine guru

Posts

1967

Joined

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:33 pm

Location

Auckland, NZ

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by Sue Courtney » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:46 am

All this talk about what the Kabinetters are doing on Thursday night is making me a little envious. Is anyone likely to be around Lake Erie North Shore on Thursday?
User avatar
User

Bob Noland

Rank

Ultra geek

Posts

108

Joined

Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:32 pm

Location

Chardon, Ohio

Re: THURSDAY MoCool!!

by Bob Noland » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:32 am

Tom N. wrote: Plus it balances out our menu a bit.


Are you sure this is not your Dietitian wife talking? I have had a good wine pairing with salad using Chianti but never a pinot, should be interesting. I will be leaving the south shore of Lake Erie on Thursday! What time did you plan on arriving on Thursday Bro?
To do is to be. - Socrates
To be is to do. - Jean-Paul Sartre, Plato
Do-be-do-be-do. Frank Sinatra
User avatar
User

Bob Noland

Rank

Ultra geek

Posts

108

Joined

Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:32 pm

Location

Chardon, Ohio

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by Bob Noland » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:55 am

Sue Courtney wrote:All this talk about what the Kabinetters are doing on Thursday night is making me a little envious. Is anyone likely to be around Lake Erie North Shore on Thursday?


Too bad you will not be in the Ann Arbor area Thursday, we would love to see you at the Noland cabin. We always have too much food but somehow a lot of wine disappears... not sure how that happens :roll:
To do is to be. - Socrates
To be is to do. - Jean-Paul Sartre, Plato
Do-be-do-be-do. Frank Sinatra
no avatar
User

Tom N.

Rank

Wine guru

Posts

768

Joined

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:17 pm

Location

Soo, Ont.

Re: THURSDAY MoCool!!

by Tom N. » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Bob Noland wrote:
Tom N. wrote: Plus it balances out our menu a bit.


Are you sure this is not your Dietitian wife talking? I have had a good wine pairing with salad using Chianti but never a pinot, should be interesting. I will be leaving the south shore of Lake Erie on Thursday! What time did you plan on arriving on Thursday Bro?

Hi Bro,

Actually, no direct input, but I guess you could say that there is a subconscious influence. This is our favorite salad right now and I will let you judge for yourself when you taste it. It is an interesting match and quite different. I plan on pulling into Nordman Lake around 3 in the afternoon on Thursday. I am also bringing a special treat for the Friday night party.
Tom Noland
Good sense is not common.
User avatar
User

Sue Courtney

Rank

Wine guru

Posts

1967

Joined

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:33 pm

Location

Auckland, NZ

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by Sue Courtney » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Bob Noland wrote:
Sue Courtney wrote:All this talk about what the Kabinetters are doing on Thursday night is making me a little envious. Is anyone likely to be around Lake Erie North Shore on Thursday?


Too bad you will not be in the Ann Arbor area Thursday, we would love to see you at the Noland cabin. We always have too much food but somehow a lot of wine disappears... not sure how that happens :roll:


Thanks for the invite Tom. Our original plans were to be in Michigan on Thursday but when we missed out on a cabin allocation we decided to stay an extra day in Canada ... from what I'm reading it sounds like the liver will appreciate that.
User avatar
User

Bob Noland

Rank

Ultra geek

Posts

108

Joined

Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:32 pm

Location

Chardon, Ohio

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by Bob Noland » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:27 pm

Sue Courtney wrote:
Bob Noland wrote:
Sue Courtney wrote:All this talk about what the Kabinetters are doing on Thursday night is making me a little envious. Is anyone likely to be around Lake Erie North Shore on Thursday?


Too bad you will not be in the Ann Arbor area Thursday, we would love to see you at the Noland cabin. We always have too much food but somehow a lot of wine disappears... not sure how that happens :roll:


Thanks for the invite Tom. Our original plans were to be in Michigan on Thursday but when we missed out on a cabin allocation we decided to stay an extra day in Canada ... from what I'm reading it sounds like the liver will appreciate that.


Please do not confuse me with my brother Tom, you will see there is a major difference soon.
To do is to be. - Socrates
To be is to do. - Jean-Paul Sartre, Plato
Do-be-do-be-do. Frank Sinatra
User avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Posts

9627

Joined

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:09 pm

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:27 pm

Sue, Tom dresses in pink so big difference.
no avatar
User

Tom N.

Rank

Wine guru

Posts

768

Joined

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:17 pm

Location

Soo, Ont.

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by Tom N. » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:48 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta wrote:Sue, Tom dresses in pink so big difference.

I do? This is news to me. I did have a friend in university who wore these pink pants so often we started calling him 'Pink Pants Bouve' but not me. I do not like pink except in the form of rose wine :mrgreen: .
Tom Noland
Good sense is not common.
User avatar
User

Bob Noland

Rank

Ultra geek

Posts

108

Joined

Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:32 pm

Location

Chardon, Ohio

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by Bob Noland » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:10 am

The availability list for the MoCool Pegau vertical is shown below.
2008 Julia Benkert
2007 Joshua Kates
2006
2005
2004 Brian Platt
2003 Bob Noland
2002
2001 Bob Stark (Jim Grow, Bob Henrick)
2000 Bob Henrick (Mike Conner, Jay Baldwin, Jim Grow)
1999 Jeff Lake (Mike Conner, Jay Baldwin)
1998 Jim Grow (Jay Baldwin)
1997
1996
1995 Alan Agree (Mike Conner, Jay Baldwin) Cuvee Laurence
1994 Jeff Lake (Mike Conner, Jay Baldwin)
1993 Jay Baldwin
1992 Jay Baldwin
1991
1990 Jay Baldwin
1989 Jay Baldwin
1988 Jay Baldwin?
To do is to be. - Socrates
To be is to do. - Jean-Paul Sartre, Plato
Do-be-do-be-do. Frank Sinatra
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Posts

1368

Joined

Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:44 pm

Location

Ohio

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by JuliaB » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:59 am

Good job, Brother Bob!

I'm guessing that Jay probably does not plan to empty his entire cellar, but has those vintages available. Anyone else who could contribute one of those vintages feel free to jump in!

6 DAYS!!!!

JB
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Posts

10497

Joined

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:43 pm

Location

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by James Roscoe » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:03 am

This time next week we will be cleaning up! WOW! I can't believe it will get here so soon!
.....we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. A. Lincoln
User avatar
User

Bob Noland

Rank

Ultra geek

Posts

108

Joined

Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:32 pm

Location

Chardon, Ohio

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by Bob Noland » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:14 am

JuliaB wrote:Good job, Brother Bob!

I'm guessing that Jay probably does not plan to empty his entire cellar, but has those vintages available. Anyone else who could contribute one of those vintages feel free to jump in!

6 DAYS!!!!

JB

I agree, that is why I am only showing what is available.
To do is to be. - Socrates
To be is to do. - Jean-Paul Sartre, Plato
Do-be-do-be-do. Frank Sinatra
User avatar
User

Bob Noland

Rank

Ultra geek

Posts

108

Joined

Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:32 pm

Location

Chardon, Ohio

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by Bob Noland » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:38 pm

New availability list for the MoCool Pegau vertical -
2009 Mike Hughes
2008 Julia Benkert
2007 Joshua Kates
2006
2005 Mike Hughes
2004 Brian Platt
2003 Bob Noland
2002 Wash out year
2001 Bob Stark (Jim Grow, Bob Henrick)
2000 Bob Henrick (Mike Conner, Jay Baldwin, Jim Grow)
1999 Jeff Lake (Mike Conner, Jay Baldwin)
1998 Jim Grow (Jay Baldwin, Mike Hughes)
1997
1996
1995 Alan Agree (Mike Conner, Jay Baldwin) Cuvee Laurence
1994 Jeff Lake (Mike Conner, Jay Baldwin)
1993 Jay Baldwin
1992 Jay Baldwin
1991
1990 Jay Baldwin
1989 Jay Baldwin
1988 Jay Baldwin?
To do is to be. - Socrates
To be is to do. - Jean-Paul Sartre, Plato
Do-be-do-be-do. Frank Sinatra
no avatar
User

Mike Conner

Rank

Ultra geek

Posts

163

Joined

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:35 am

Location

Knoxville, TN

Re: Look who's going to MoCool!!

by Mike Conner » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:25 am

Bob Noland wrote:1995 Alan Agree (Mike Conner, Jay Baldwin) Cuvee Laurence

fyi, should read:

1995 Alan Agree Cuvee Laurence
1995 Mike Conner (Jay Baldwin) Cuvee Reservee

Thanks.


In search of the perfect QPR wine.... does it exist?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 11 guests

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign
cron